I am not much of a baker if I have to put something in the oven 😉 I usually over or under bake… can’t seem to figure out how to get it just right. So I LOVE no-bake treats and when I found this treat, with very few ingredients, I tried it right away. I am a sucker for the combination of coconut and chocolate so if you’re like me, you’ll love these Choco Cocoa squares.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup honey or less*
- 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter**
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
What you do:
- Put honey, cocoa and coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil for less than 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond butter and vanilla until mixed.
- Stir in coconut until fully combined.
- Use a small ice cream scoop and scoop out onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I try to get at least 16 smaller sized cookies or 12 larger ones.
- Refrigerate until hard. You can eat them from the fridge or keep at room temperature. If you keep them on your counter, they will not last I promise you. I like to freeze them and just take out one at a time… this way they last days instead of hours, lol.
* I haven’t used maple syrup but you could probably give it a try. I’d definitely use more like 1/4 cup than 1/3 cup.
** Other nut butters would probably work well too.